This policy was last changed on, and is effective from, May 25, 2018.
At 3athlon.be we value your privacy. Since we are an online news magazine we will mention people’s names and pictures on our web site, only if they are triathlon related. We do not capture any other personal information (besides your email address when you subscribe to our news letter). If you would like to have your photo removed from our news posts and/or galleries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and contact information, such as address, telephone number and email address
- Information on your sport preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We do not ourselves collect or retain any of the following information:
- Sensitive or special categories of personal data
- Payment card data
When do we collect your personal information?
We collect data which identifies you personally to us in the the following ways:
- By registering as a subscriber
- By subscribing to our newsletter
- By purchasing a product
- By voting or entering a competition
- By emailing us at one of our email addresses listed on the Site, like our contact page
- By providing us information through third party service providers, for example, survey software
Additionally, we may also collect data which provides us with a better understanding how the Site is being used and performing, but does not personally identify you.
We recommend that you review the following third party privacy policies and notices who may indirectly be providing services to you through our Site:
- Google – http://www.google.com/intl/en/privacy/
- Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/policy.php
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/privacy
- Identifying returning users, registrants and subscribers and to allow registrants and subscribers to be presented with a personalised version of the site.
- Enabling you to move more easily around our site
- Tracking your use of our site to better develop our sites in accordance with your requirements
- Building up a demographic profile.
Please remember that you can delete cookies from your hard drive at any time. This will mean that any settings such as your stored username and password will need to be reset. You can set your internet browser so that it will not allow cookies to be stored on your computer. This may reduce functionality of the site, preventing access to registered and subscriber only areas of the site, meaning that certain features or content will not be available to you. Further information on how to prevent cookies from being stored on your computer can be found in the Help menu of your internet browser.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data kept by Google.
By using this Site, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner, means and purposes set out above.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better and focused service. Specifically for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our services.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We would normally contact you by email.
- We may use the information collected to customize the Site and communications according to your interests, preferences and past purchases.
Who we share information with
We aim to only share the absolute minimum information necessary with other service providers and their suppliers to fulfill a service or contractual commitment.
International Data Transfers
We do not transfer or share your data to any party or processor outside of the European Union.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to help safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other Sites
Our Site may contain links to other Sites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other Site. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
You should always exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the Site in question.
Your rights to control your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the Site, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by changing settings in your account personal preferences writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
WE WILL EVER NOT SELL, DISTRIBUTE OR LEASE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES UNLESS WE HAVE YOUR EXPRESS PERMISSION OR ARE REQUIRED TO DO SO BY LAW.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish to receive this.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulations, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you wish us to remove all information which we may have on you, please email email@example.com